An Adieu That Hurts

An Adeiu That Hurts

Yes, my sin swallowed me;
Like the toad-the adder's meal.

When first you summoned me:
Even of your love to feel.

Loan was your Love and assests;
You'd siad; 'Maybe he'll be an asset'.

But after the Lent love laced with life,
Pride weighed me down with strife:

Pulling me off your standard.
Scourging me even with your absence.

Thy soft palm seasoned with fragnance,
Elating my heart, ushering me into a trance.

The smiles of your face glazed with honey,
Sweetening my soul, costier than money.

The lyrics of they words,
Ringing yet, whipping my ears for the odds.

How can i get back on the stairs;
I'm made equal with tears.

Even if not to fill the former field.
Just let the torn soul again mend be.

Come again, ho my princess:
How long will you scold me with your absence.
     17: 14: 11: 10: 00

Adeyemi Joshua

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motunrayo Emiola

Nollywood Movies: The Extension of Prostitution

Just a thought